Add Zone For You

Hummingbird Fishfinder Mount Installation from Mohammad Daniyal's blog

One key decision you need to make before purchasing a Hummingbird fishfinder is how and where you are TV mounting service in Orange County to mount it. You need to ask yourself one question: are you going to be using your fishfinder on just one boat, or are you going to need to move it from boat to boat as needed?

Let's take a look at the options you have if you want to permanently mount your fish finder to one boat and leave it there.

Economical fish finders will come with the standard-issue mounting bracket and transom mounting transducers. This is the least expensive way to mount your Hummingbird fishfinder and is perfectly acceptable. You want to find a spot near the "captain's chair" or wherever you will be fishing from. You will mount the bracket using the included hardware to any flat surface where you will not be drilling into other wiring or mechanical parts, usually a place made of wood or metal.

The display is then attached to the bracket, and tightened down to secure it. A wire is run from the display back to the transducer. Depending on the boat, you may be able to hide the wire under flooring or where the cables for the steering and motor controls are. Wherever you run the wire, make sure it is secure and out of the way of incidental contact.

As far the transducer is concerned, you will want to mount it on the transom in a spot where it will be submerged both at low speeds and high speeds, avoiding interference with the prop, preferably on centerline. If your boat has a ladder, mount it on the opposite side to avoid entanglement and possible damage to the transducer.

When you screw it the mounting bracket, make sure you use a bedding compound suitable for marine use, such as Bostik 920 or similar product, to prevent leaks. Be sure the transducer is aligned so that it is pointing straight down, as many transoms are angled. Remember, you want to make sure the transducer is mounted securely, since it will be subject to a lot of force at high speeds.

Another type of transducer is called a "through hull" transducer, common in inboard boats. These are attached to the inside of the hull, usually in back towards the transom. A hole is drilled into the hull, in which the transducer is placed. There is some debate as to whether you would want to actually drill a hole into your boat, as technology may change over time and you may want a different fishfinder some time down the road. Others are leery of possible leaks, although if properly installed, this should not be an issue.

Previous post     
     Next post
     Blog home

The Wall

No comments
You need to sign in to comment

Show Your Work Here .Whatsapp 9301837771

Alexa Global Rank 99000

google ranking checker website hit counter